One of the most frequent questions we get at Inspired Opinions is “When will I get my incentive?”.   As a participant you have dedicated your time, provided your knowledge and the only thing left is to get your incentive.  You may be wondering how long does this take?  Is it the same for every study?  What is the process?  We’d like to answer those questions for you today.

Inspired Opinions Points

When you participate you can receive Inspired Opinions points, a virtual currency which can be redeemed into one of many different digital gift cards. Once you earn over 1,000 points you have the ability to redeem your points for digital gift cards to your favorite stores.  100 points is equivalent to $1 and they can be saved up for a bigger value digital gift card or redeemed as soon as you have enough points.

When you are ready to cash in your points they will be sent for processing. It typically takes up to 24 hours for you to receive an email with your virtual gift card code in it. Your incentive will be sent from noreply@tangocard.com, be sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive an email within a day.

We process redemptions once a day, in the morning. We do not process redemptions on the weekends, so if you submit your request on Friday afternoon it will not be processed until the following Monday.

Visa Gift Card Payments

The incentive process for in-person focus groups is quite simple. When you participate in a focus group held at one of our Schlesinger Associates facilities, after the group, one of our associates will distribute gift cards as you leave.

Studies that do not take place in a Schlesinger Facility, (phone, online, discussion board, etc.) have a slightly different process. We begin processing your incentives after the study has been officially closed.  The day you participated most likely will not be the day the study closes.  Typically our studies remain open for a week or 2 after everyone participates as we compile all the research.  Once the study has been closed it takes 3-4 weeks, which includes processing and mailing, for you to receive your Visa gift card.

As a general rule of thumb for non in-person research, processing time varies from study to study.  If you have not received your Visa card in the mail and it has been 6-8 weeks since you participated, let us know.  The team at help@inspiredopinions.com would be happy to take a look and will help you in any way they can!

Blog Question of the Week

We wanted to flip the script today, and really make sure that you all understand the incentive process. What additional questions would you like to ask us about the incentive process?

Have a wonderful day!

1. Ingrid Turner Coley March 19, 2017 at 9:37 pm

I have a question what happens when you participate in a telephone interview and complete the homework assignment, then you are notified that the phone interview has been cancelled. I was told on the phone the incentive will still be paid.
    How long does it take to receive the payment for cancellations. It has been 4 weeks.

1. I was set up 2 times and they cancelled yet again I never heard back It said they would give another 50 for the delay I never heard from them again .But that was the only time I had any problems

2. I get emails asking me questions, saying it is a survey, but on my completed surveys tab it says none. I had one email yesterday tell me if i qualified I would be contacted. The survey was about diabetes which I have and another I did was about Multiple Sclerosis which I also have one payment was for $5 & one was for $100. I believe. Unless i misunderstood and the information I’m giving isn’t an actual survey. I got an email today for doing one on cardiovascular disease, which I do not have, so I didnt do it. It was 45minutes ling on my phone, & paid $4. Thats too long for me to be on my cell for $4, I’m sorry. I’m thinking of just unsubcribing, since undoubtedly I’m giving out medical information but then it tells me you will be contacted. Its a waste of time for me.

Liked by 1 person

1. I have never had that happen to me Lisa I know some surveys pay more than others,I am sorry this happened to you , I do not work with but I get so many surveys that help me out with many gifts I am saving for a down comforter as I am so cold all the time .I just wanted to let you know I do surveys and have great success with Inspired Opinions .

Liked by 2 people

3. Thanks for the info! I love Inspired Opinions, and you see me on Fb, Twitter, Google…lol

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you for getting back to me !

Liked by 2 people

4. As a 63 year old retired, white female, I rarely qualify for anything. Since you started the points program, I have amassed 250 points. Never qualify for anything online or in person. I realize you are only as good as your clients, but why not just say, hey, we only want people over 18 and under 40. so frustrating to put my time in for nothing. Is it time for me to leave? I did 3 in person focus groups, the last one was in 2010? Since then, nothing.

Liked by 1 person

1. “Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.” Sorry, always wanted to say that but never had the opportunity, thank you for that and please NEVER GIVE UP, our generation did not surrender.

This is an important Social Issue that needs to be challenged before we get too old to remember how to do that, our generation began as ‘proud protestors’ regarding the Vietnam war, “No Nukes” save the planet, the animals and everyone else. There must be a way to awaken those strong feelings with action without making it into a Star Wars or Shark film.

A few weeks ago the ‘pushing 60 truck hit me’ that actually began a few years ago online, here at Inspired Opinions (at their office too) and other such forums it seems more apparent. As people are living longer, working past the ‘stereo-type’ of the past concerning the definition that used to be the ‘retirement age,’ some parts of society have not adjusted as quickly as others.

You are absolutely right, occasionally I am a paid ’companion’ for a 93-year-old women who just might make it to 103, because through her education, through the media, ‘staying active mentally and physically’ are working because she is spry, has energy and an amazing sense of humor. (Last week she made us pull over to go into an art store so that she could buy a ‘Trump piñata’ that was in the window.) Now am getting way off track, which the 93-year-old woman probably would not do, my point intended to tell you that at museums give discounts to seniors at the age of 55 and am happy to accept that.

It may take a long time for people who are ‘our age’ to become a significant demographic and unfortunately we will most likely not be here to appreciate it, but please do not give up or it will never happen. Try to think of it as a ‘social issue’ that needs support to change and grow so that society will experience another push towards balanced equality.

Any ideas about this?

5. I appreciate the helpful information. I don’t have any questions at this time. If I think of anything, I will definitely let you know.

Thanks again!

Liked by 2 people

1. Don’t be shy Carlo, we’re here to help!
      -Ryan

Liked by 1 person

6. How do I redeem points ? How do I see how many points I have ?

Liked by 1 person

1. Two very good questions! We’ll start with seeing how many points you have.

Assuming you’re already logged into your Inspired Opinions account, you would just need to click the “Rewards” tab at the top of your screen. This will take you to the rewards center of your account, and under “My Rewards” you will see the total amount of points you’ve earned so far!

Starting from the page you are currently on, if you followed the steps above, you will see an option with a box labels “TANGO CARD”. These are your two options for redemptions, digital gift card and donations. Click the option you would like, and that will take you to a screen where you can select how much you’d like to redeem, and of what you’d like your points to be redeemed for. Once you figure out what you’d like to do, just click or type the amount you’d like to redeem for, and click “submit”. We’ll then send you a confirmation via email, and you’ll received your card digitally.

Please let me know if this answers your question!
      -Ryan

Liked by 1 person

7. Fernanda Ferdinand September 2, 2016 at 10:27 pm

I have never received anything from Inspired Opinions..never received one survey.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Liked by 1 person

1. Fernanda, that shouldn’t be happening! Can you please email help@inspiredopinions.com with your email and full name you used to register with us, and they can help you out!
      -Ryan

Liked by 1 person

8. Hi receiving awards is so much fun I sometimes save them my question is how long can you save them?

Liked by 2 people

1. Great question Kathy! As long as you remain an active member of the Inspired Opinions community (one survey per year), they will never expire! You could save them up for years and years to get a large gift card, if you so choose!
      -Ryan