To celebrate our 50th anniversary, Schlesinger Associates, launched an internal campaign we called ‘50 for 50’. During the month of August our goal was for our employees to volunteer 50 hours of their time to celebrate 50 years of Schlesinger. We are excited to announce that our teams surpassed the goal and reached over 210 hours.  At Schlesinger we are passionate about giving back to our communities and we are very proud of our employees for their contributions.

We wanted to share some of the events we participated in, and maybe you saw us there.

Atlanta – Our Atlanta team packed lunches with LiftUp Atlanta.
Chicago – Our team attended the Julian D. King Hatch Day, where they passed out school supplies and backpacks.
Los Angeles – Our Los Angeles team spent the day at Westside German Sheppard Rescue cleaning the facility and offering the animals TLC to help prep them for adoption.
New Jersey – Our team spent two weekends in Elijah’s Promise soup kitchen serving a healthy meal to the New Brunswick’s homeless population.
Philadelphia – Our team collected donations for Build-a-Backpack for the Boys and Girls Club of Philadelphia and then distributed them to those in need.
Phoenix – Our Phoenix team collected donations and prepared sack meals for Phoenix Rescue Mission.
San Francisco – Our team prepped and served dinner to 340 residents of St. Vincent du Paul homeless shelter.
Individual contributions supported the following charities Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Spotlight, North Texas Food Bank, North Texas Rabbit Sanctuary, New Beginnings Domestic Violence Shelter and New York Cares.

Blog Question of the Week

Tell us about some of the volunteering that you’ve done! What was your favorite moment when you’ve volunteered?

Remember to comment, and have a great day!

1. Hey guys! Thank you so much for getting out into your community and making an impact! Change comes when each of us decides we are going to do something about need, and then goes and does it. Merry Christmas to all, and thanks again for your work and charitable hearts 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Diane. Elsensohn November 26, 2016 at 6:00 am

We, my hubby & I, we get to take my Dad out once a wk or two 2 a car show & Denny’s. I call him durning the week 2 check on him. He has Alzheimer’s . Just trying 2 keep him OK. Then. our son has CF, he spends 2/3 weeks a mth inpatient. Just trying again 2 keep him OK. God has been Amazingly kind & Loving too us so much More than we deserve So Love my Heavenly Father. We have & do use the Miracle Network Hospitals I so love them & Thanks Your Staff for helping them & the children !!!

Liked by 1 person

1. That’s awesome Diane! That all sounds like amazing work, you should be very proud! 🙂
      -Ryan

3. I loved when I raised money for John Hopkins Children’s Miracle Network. I also let my young children come with me and see the joy of helping people. We had car shows and haunted houses and got to go to T.V. Hill in Baltimore MD. for the Telethon.

Liked by 1 person

1. The John’s Hopkins Children’s Miracles Network is a great organization to get involved with! They’ve been helping many hospitals for over thirty years. And it’s great to hear that you let your children get involved, it probably makes a great family moment!
      -Ryan

4. I Was taking seniors to doctor appts and also for chemotherapy and dialysis treatments..Made me feel good to help them.

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m sure that your efforts meant the world to those seniors! It’s great that we have people willing to help out like you have in this world!
      -Ryan

5. Planting a garden at a local va hospital. Nice to see patients,employees and visitors enjoying it .

Liked by 1 person

1. That’s another great way to help out your local community! I’m sure everyone who visits that hospital really appreciates what you’ve done!
      -Ryan

6. My husband and I used to volunteer in a soup kitchen when we were dating. What a great feeling to be able to bless others by serving them a hot meal!

Liked by 1 person

1. It’s great that you two found something you loved doing, especially when it positively influences other people! It sounds like you too are a great match!
      -Ryan

7. I am a baker and every month through my church I bake the cakes for meals of those home bound I also love to cook and if i have enough left over i take a plate to my neighbors .I try each and every day to give back because we all can give back and make this world a better place Thanks so much

Liked by 1 person

1. That’s a great outlook! If everyone could give back just a little each and everyday, you’d be amazed on the huge difference it would back! It would definitely make this world a better place!
      -Ryan

8. I like to make baggies up for the homeless and pass them out

Liked by 1 person

1. That’s a great thing to do! Do you do that for a specific organization? Or just whenever you have the time?
      -Ryan